I'm a HUGE Posterous fan, but this feels like a step in the wrong direction. The key to success was the ease with which I could post. Anywhere I had the ability to send an email, Posterous would turn it into a blog post.
From: Posterous <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Subject: Introducing Posterous Spaces
Hi Matthew C.,
Today I couldn’t be more excited to announce the release of Posterous Spaces.
Spaces is a brand new service that replaces Posterous Sites and Groups. Our goal is to make it even easier for you to share with a select few, or to broadcast your posts as widely as you’d like. While there’s still work to be done, I can proudly say that it’s the product I envisioned when launching Posterous three years ago.
There are simply too many new things happening in Posterous Spaces to list in one brief email (if you are a visual person, here’s a video to watch – or please check out our blog for all the details, but I wanted to point out a few highlights:
- First, the name. Posterous remains our company name, while Posterous Spaces is now our product name, replacing sites and groups. Although this new moniker may seem like a departure, rest assured you can do everything on Posterous Spaces that you could before and lots more.
- Faster, more engaging reading experience. You can now read and engage with posts from all Spaces you follow right when you log in. We’ve even added a Popular Feed to showcase public posts on Posterous that are trending-up.
- More themes, cooler themes. We’ve added five new themes we’re sure you’ll love. Check them out, using the Customize pull-down menu on your Spaces tab.
- Speed, speed & more speed. Everyone we talk to asks for faster sharing. With Posterous Spaces, you’ll see a 3x improvement in load time with even greater improvement in the works.
- Fantastic new iPhone App We’re also bringing all the power and functionality of Posterous Spaces to our new iPhone app. Built from the ground-up, now it’s easy to create new Spaces, set up autoposting, read posts from Spaces you follow, and a lot more. All directly from the app. Try it for yourself.
To wrap things up, I want to thank you for your support. We wouldn’t exist without you, and we’re dedicated to making it easier for you to control how you share with the people you care about.