Grade This Week: A+
Going into the week I figured we’d be able to meet the targets. In short, we crushed it. I’m giving the “A+” instead of an “A” because Jess also made a big contribution to this week’s shed (and getting things moving).
Overall Grade: B
We’ve made more than enough progress so far, but we may have started too fast or I may have set the targets too low. These next few weeks are going to be busy so I expected to start a little fast but this week’s results were surprisingly high
As mentioned before, I’ll be making adjustments to the targets once we’ve hit a few weeks and have a better sense for what to change them to. No need to
Thoughts on the metrics
Overall, I feel pretty good about the metrics I mentioned last week. That said, the shed ratio itself is causing a bit of heartache. The core concept of the shed ratio is solid, how much more should go out than come in. That said, it’s a little too nebulous as a weekly metric. As we progress through this project it still should serve well as a long-term guide, but for now I won’t be focusing on it much when I talk with folks about how things are going.
The plan is still to stick with the initial targets I planned. Based on the travel schedule for work I don’t expect to have quite as big of a shed this week.
|Gross Shed||Net Shed||Shed Ratio|
|Week 1 Target||9||7||3:2|
|Week 1 Actual||35||28||5:1|
|Week 2 Target||9||7||3:2|